Saturday, November 25, 2006

The Smokin' Word for 11/25/06



Hello Loyal Smokers,

I started smoking many years ago, but have never truly considered myself a hardcore aficionado of cigarettes. Sure I could tell you that a Dunhill far surpassed a Pall Mall, mainly because smoking too many Pall Malls will make me spit up blood in the morning.

However, there has never been the same difference between cigarettes in my mind as, say, beers. I am willing to spend the extra money to get a tasty micro brew over some Busch Light but I am not willing to pass up a 2 for 1 deal on crappy cigarettes so that I can smoke my “brand”.

This being said, my world was rocked the first time that I smoked a cigarette so good that it has become my Holy Grail; Davidoffs. The smoke is nicotine heavy, but incredibly smooth. It goes down like you are breathing pure air but with an aftertaste that actually tastes good. Yes that’s right, a cigarette that actually tastes good, maybe even great!

Now after getting everybody excited enough to run down to the bodega on the corner, I must say, “Not so fast Sir or Madame Smoke-a-lot”! Davidoffs are not imported to the U.S. because of “legal restrictions.” I am personally too lazy to look up what these restrictions are but they make me angry.

Nonetheless, if you are fiending for these cigarettes sent directly from heaven you could always take a trip out of the country and buy a couple cartons duty-free or try the unreliable online market.

And if you do find Davidoffs, send some this way!

Smoke Happy,

Jordan C.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jordan C. is the man!!! Keep this shit coming, you are a genius!!!

Unknown said...

Jordan b/c you're a lazy man and I'm a downtrodden law student I researched why Davidoffs are not sold in the USA. Cigarettes manufacturers in the US are required to use a self extinguishing paper on all cigarettes and that is something Davidoff cigarette manufacturer (UK based) do not use so they are not allowed to sell the cigarettes in the United States unless the cigarettes are made with that particular paper.

-Evangellos Preponis

List

  • 87th and Lexington, CVS, Marlboro 27s and Menthols @ $6.83
  • 12-13th and 2nd, Samba's Deli, Marlboro 27s @ $8.50
  • 9th and 2nd, Any 2 Packs of Camels @ $12.00, often Camel Filters @ $10
  • 88-89th and Madison, Smoke Hut, Camel Wide Menthol Lights or Kool Menthol Lights $10.00
  • 27th and Madison, Madison Kiosk, Marlboro 27s @ $8.25, Marlboro Menthols @ $8.25

Map